With walkable neighborhoods, prime real estate, and world-class amenities, Dallas, TX is one of the most dynamic cities in the world, offering modern conveniences in a peaceful, suburban setting.
Located within the Dallas–Fort Worth (DFW) Metroplex, it consistently ranks among the best places to live in North Texas. Find out why buyers are moving to the Big D.
Living in Dallas, TX
Dallas offers the ultimate live-work-play lifestyle with a diverse housing market, stellar career opportunities, and countless opportunities for recreation and entertainment.
Some of the most coveted neighborhoods in Dallas, TX include:
- Fair Park
- Lake Highlands
- Medical District
- Cypress Waters
- Love Field
- Mountain Creek
Click here for the full list of neighborhoods, in Dallas, TX.
Buyers can choose from an impressive selection of single-family homes, townhomes, and condos. Prevalent architectural styles include Ranch, Tudor, Traditional, and Contemporary, just to name a few.
Nicknamed “Silicon Prairie”, Dallas also has a growing tech and startup scene. Several Fortune 500 companies, including AT&T, CBRE Group, and Energy Transfer Equity, have their headquarters in the city. The famed Telecom Corridor is located north of the city and is home to major companies like Alcatel and Ericsson.
The robust economy and favorable business climate attract major employers, entrepreneurs, and skilled professionals in search of fresh opportunities in the DFW Metroplex.
A vibrant downtown offers some much-needed diversion with trendy boutiques, exciting restaurants, and esteemed cultural venues.
Shopping and dining in Dallas, TX
Dallas, TX is a retail and food destination in its own right, with highlights such as:
- The Bishop Arts District – Here you’ll find independently owned businesses, including more than 60 shops, restaurants, and art galleries. Mainstays include Bishop Street Market, M’Antiques, Laughing Willow, and Neighborhood Cellar.
- NorthPark Center – Anchored by Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom, this upscale shopping center has more than 235 retailers, including Gucci, Cartier, Carolina Herrera, Versace, and more. It also features an array of casual dining restaurants serving Italian, French, Japanese, and Chinese cuisine.
- The Shops at Park Lane – This mixed-use development is home to the largest Whole Foods Market in the region. It offers more than 550,000 square feet of retail and casual dining, with major retailers like Nordstrom Rack and Saks Fifth Avenue OFF 5th and restaurant chains like Chipotle and Grimaldi’s.
Leisure and entertainment in Dallas, TX
There’s no shortage of family-friendly attractions in Dallas, TX, including:
- Dallas World Aquarium – The aquarium is home to penguins, otters, sloths, crocodiles, and other animals. Other highlights include an on-site restaurant and two cafés.
- AT&T Stadium – Texans are sports fanatics, and Dallas residents have access to the AT&T Stadium, home of the Dallas Cowboys. Popular sports events include motorsports, boxing, football, and more.
- Gas MonkeyLive! – Come to Dallas’ premier music venue to catch AC/DC and Jimi Hendrix tribute bands.
- Dallas Museum of Art – The permanent collection includes over 24,000 pieces of American, European, African, and Asian art, including paintings by Pollock, Renoir, Van Gogh, and more.
If you think Dallas, TX should be your new home, contact The Joyce Realty Group here. You can also reach us at 214.773.9412 and Aubrey(at)TheJoyce(dotted)com. We’re a boutique real estate brokerage offering personalized service in Dallas and the surrounding communities. We can’t wait to hear from you.